Gmail is a web-based free email service provided by Google. Gmail is one of the most popular and widely used services on the internet with more than 425 million active users worldwide (as of March 2017).
Emails in your inbox are organized into conversations, or threads, which makes it easy to follow discussions. You can add labels to organize your emails, prioritize what’s most important, and quickly find anything you’ve saved.
You can also search for messages that match keywords or terms in the message body, subject line, or even attachment names. There are other ways to narrow down if you don’t remember who sent it: by date range (for example when was this sent?), or by sender’s address (ex: “from my boss”).
Did you know that Gmail Posta in Arrivo 1 is the most widely used email service in the world? That’s right! With more than 1 billion accounts, it has a user base of nearly 50% of all internet users. It’s an amazing feat for such a simple and easy-to-use product to dominate our digital lives. But what else don’t we know about this ubiquitous email service? Let’s take a look at 8 things you didn’t know about Gmail!
8 Things You Know About Gmail
1. Gmail started as “Gmail” – The name “Google Mail” was originally going to be used for Google’s first webmail offering, but after discovering that someone had already registered “googlemail.com” they changed the name to “Gmail”.
2. Gmail was launched on April Fools’ Day 2004 – Google waited until April Fool’s day to launch their new email service as a joke.
3. Gmail was acquired by Google in 2004 – Yahoo! Inc. (Yahoo!) offered to buy a 50% stake of the company for $250 million, but they declined and became part of Google instead.
4. Gmail was the first web-based email service to offer an ad-free inbox – In 2004, they began providing paid upgrades to their free service.
5. Gmail is free – No matter your circumstance, whether you don’t have a credit card or need an account for under 13-years of age, Google will provide its email service to anyone.
6. Gmail now offers paid upgrades – They offer their “G Suite” for businesses and schools.
7. Gmail is the most popular email service in the world – With a user base of more than one billion, it has nearly 50% of all internet users.
8. Gmail can be accessed on smartphones – It was one of the first apps to allow offline access.